Thursday, December 8, 2011

Radvent Challenge # 7

A place that changed my life was Virginia. Not a certain part just all of Virginia! I think it has something to do with the fact that my family is there (minus my brother DJ and his wife who live in London). I miss everyone of my 6 brothers and sister and their families. It will be great once I get back to Virginia. I remember right after my mother passed away due to cancer in 2006 I got a chance to spend time with my family without my aunt being there (as I was adopted when I was 2 1/2 by my aunt). She never let me be with my family without her but surprisingly she did after my mother passed. I remember being surrounded by food (which was brought over by the church and neighbors of my brother Timmy), the six of us played cards (as my youngest brother went to be in a group home as he is mentally ill and totally dependent on someone), and just be with each other. It was the first time that I felt like I was at home and truly belonged. I just wish mom and dad were there with us. I know in spirit they were!

How Far Away Am I Comfortable Going?
As far as moving I could probably move anywhere south. Sorry northerners I just am not big on cold. Its bad enough in Maryland. I could go to TN (which is not really a change from Maryland except that most people are really nice), could go to Florida (I would have to live inland as I don't like hurricanes, but I really would love to live in North or South Carolina.
As far as driving I will venture out of my comfort zone. I have driven to Dinwiddie, Virginia by myself before which is probably the farthest trip I have made by myself. About 4.5 hours. If someone is with me though I tend to be a little more brave and go wherever. But normally I stick to my comfort zone which is a radius of about 10-15 miles from my house. I am a woman of routine and habit what can I say. And I am very directionally challenge even with a GPS I get lost and I have NO IDEA how to read a map. I have always wanted to do a cross country road trip with a friend or two, I think that would be REALLY FUN. But that will probably be a few years down the road.
I have always wanted to go and visit my brother DJ and his wife Carissa over in England and just see the world. I have always wanted to go to Italy and all the biblical lands (walk where Jesus walked). But this will probably happen when I retire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog!
💋Amber