Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday 13: Thankful Hearts

I am thankful for:
1. God's Grace.
Where would we be without God's Grace? Have you ever thought about that before? I have and I am scared of where I would be if I didn't have God's gift of Grace. It has forever changed my life and I am so thankful for God giving us all this gift.
2. The Bible.
For a long time the Bible for me was just a textbook. A book I studied and read and digested which is all well and good but it is more impactful and useful if it is alive and active in you. When I started having a personal relationship with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit and allowed HIM to use me and transform me let me just tell you one of the most useful and inspirational tools He used besides people was the Bible which technically is like using people (since it is about people and Himself).   If you have never felt like the Bible is alive and active in you pray wholeheartedly that God breathes life into the Bible so that you may experience and draw closer to Him by reading and applying what you learned.
3. Prayer.
The other way God has transformed me is through my prayer life. Which to be honest I have been slacking on at the moment. But WoW how great is our God that He would provide a way for us to communicate with Him all that time. And can I just say that the most important thing you can do is to just open up. Ask. And be accepting of the answer He provides. One of the most important things that I have learned is that when you pray with an open heart and allow God to let His will be done in your life without your limitations you will be forever changed and in awe of our awesome God.
4. My Family.
My birth family is my stronghold. They have been there for me through thick and thin, through the ups and downs of life. They have encouraged me in my times of need. They have all been role models for my life. I am so proud and privileged to have such an awesome family.
5. Brian.
Thank you for being my best friend and putting up with me. I know that I am not the easiest person to deal with. Also, thank you for allowing me to live with you and allowing me to be a part of your family (His parents have kinda taken me under their wing as well).
6. My Blog Friends.
Y'all are awesome. I am so encouraged every time I get a comment or pageview. I am so encouraged reading all of you blogs! It is such a blessing and impactful you don't even know!
7. Trials And Suffering.
My life has been a series of sufferings and trials but I wouldn't change it for the world as it has made me who I am today and has given me an amazing life story (testimony). Plus, suffering has drawn me closer to God. I am so thankful for Jesus and the living sacrifice for my life. I hope that my sufferings will transform me-they already have.
8. My Life/My Life Story.
Without my life I would not have such a unique and wonderful life story/testimony. I hope that my life impacts those around me. And I hope my life reflects my savior in a positive manner.
9. Simple Beauty.
Have you ever been taken back by a sun-rise/sun set? Have you ever seen a rainbow and been in awe of God. Have you ever seen the power and beauty of a thunder/lightning storm and though what an amazing creation this is... how beautiful and powerful. Have you ever looked in the mirror and thought wow I am fearfully and wonderfully made! The simplicity of beauty amazes me.
10. Diversity.
I am so thankful that no two people are the same! Nothing is the same! It is amazing and I am so thankful that we are different but yet have likes and similar attributes.
11. Pets.
I love my pets. They are some of my best friends!
12. My Job.
Yeah I am still a newbie but oh man do I love my coworkers and customers they are the best!
13. The Love And Support Of Others.
You just gotta love beings loved. I am so thankful for everyone who loves and supports me throughout my life!


Happy Thursday! Enjoy Friday and the weekend!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog!
ūüíčAmber