Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tuesday 10: Favorite Easter Moments


This Easter was really nice. Though it went by way too quick.
Like I said in other posts I went to Wintergreen in Roseland, Virginia as my aunt has a mountain house there. It was gorgeous there and more like a retreat than a vacation- simply because you can't use your cell phone because coverage is iffy and there are only certain locations were you can get free wifi. Anyways here are a few of my favorite moments from Easter weekend:

1. The Drive.
I left my house at around 3-3:30 in the morning and drove the 4 hours to Roseland. I was so proud of myself for not getting lost! Which is a HUGE achievement for me as I am directionally challenged and an anxious driver when I don't know where I am going. Sadly I still get lost even with GPS. Anyways, I love getting on the road early for a couple reasons: (1) there was barely any people on the road, (2) I got to see the moon set and the sun rise all in one scene (moon set in front of me and the sun rose behind me it was a beautiful and priceless moment. (3) when driving in the morning that early I feel so much more relaxed and awake.

2. The Country Roads.
Some of the roads were back country roads with gorgeous HUGE houses on them and plenty of land and horses and cattle on them. It was just so peaceful to be a part of that moment.

3. The Mountains.
I have always enjoyed the mountains but during this time and on the Appalachian mountains it was such a blessing to see the mountains and valleys. It was also very cool to go up the mountains simply because at the base of the mountain everything was full and green and as you venture up the mountain everything becomes brown and eventually there are bare trees and leaves all over the ground. I think that is pretty interesting.

4. Coffee.
Since I got up at like 3 in the morning and drove pretty much all the way there with only one restroom stop I was so happy to see a fresh pot of coffee waiting for me when I arrived. Then I was even more thankful when my aunts husband accidentally made a whole nother pot of coffee. (I was so happy!)

5. Hiking.
After my coffee on Saturday morning me and Sheri went hiking. It was beautiful and a great way to start off your day! Not only was I taking in the beauty that God had designed and created all around me but I felt refreshed, at peace, and carefree, oh and energized and awake as the hike went on!

6. Roasted Peeps.
Okay if you haven't tried roasting peeps over a fire you need to try it asap! It is amazing and this is coming from a gal that hates peeps. I want to make peep smores and see how that tastes. And if you do try this please let me know what you think.

7. Easter Service.
I loved Easter service on the mountain. One there was a bluegrass band which is right up my alley! LOVE ME SOME BLUEGRASS! And the whole southern preacher thing was awesome!

8. Watching Hop!
Okay if you haven't seen this movie it is super cute so I encourage you to watch it!

9. Going Home.
As much as I loved the mountains I really missed my best friend Brian so I was glad to head home Sunday afternoon.

10. Watching A Program On Titanic.
Since it is the 100th anniversary I got to watch a cool program on the Titanic on National Geographic. I think they are running programs on Titanic all month or something.... can't wait to watch more!

Whelp there you have it a few of my favorite moments from Easter weekend. Feel free to join in and comment about your favorite Easter moment/memory

3 comments:

  1. Um...going outside to make a fire to try roasting some peeps! I have never thought to do that - but I love roasted marshmallows and I love peeps! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab list! Thank you so much for linking up!!
    I'm a new follower! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great Easter. I don't like peeps either. Must give this roasting thing a try.

    http://littlewaterlily.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog!
ūüíčAmber