Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Soundtrack To My Life


SOUNDTRACK TO MY LIFE:
1. Pearl Jam: Just Breathe
 Wonder everyday
As I look upon your face, aw huh...
Everything you gave
And nothing you would take, aw huh...
Nothing you would take
Everything you gave
Did I say that I need you?
Did I say that I want you?
Oh, if I didn't I'm a fool you see
No one knows this more than me
As I come clean
2. Demi Lavato: Skyscraper
As the smoke clears, I awaken
And untangle you from me
Would it make you feel better
To watch me while I bleed?
All my windows still are broken
But I'm standing on my feet
You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I'm made of glass
Like I'm made of paper
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper
Like a skyscraper
3. Pink: F***in' Perfect
You're so mean when you talk
About yourself. You were wrong.
Change the voices in your head
Make them like you instead.
So complicated,
Look happy, You'll make it!
Filled with so much hatred
Such a tired game
It's enough, I've done all I could think of
Chased down all my demons
I've seen you do the same
(Ohh ohhhhhhh)
Pretty, pretty please, don't you ever, ever feel
Like you're less than fucking perfect
Pretty, pretty please, if you ever, ever feel
Like you're nothing, you're fucking perfect to me
4. Seventh Day Slumber: Matthew 25
I call myself a man of God
While laughing at my brother
I crossed the heart of a hungry man
Instead of giving him some bread
And what I say
And what I do
Are not the same anymore
And who I slay, who I betray
Lord have mercy on my soul
And you were hungry
And you were thirsty
You were lonely you were cold
And you were hurting, you were dying
I just left you all alone
5. Tenth Avenue North: You Are More
But don't you know who you are,
What's been done for you?
Yeah don't you know who you are?
You are more than the choices that you've made,
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes,
You are more than the problems you create,
You've been remade.
6. Alli Rogers: Eden
We're all homesick
Is love the reason?
My hunger led me to your hope
Until the end of this colder season
Keep us warm
Cause we are always Eden
The day after she fell
We feel good and evil
And choose which one to tell
7. Otis Redding: Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay
Sittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' come
Watching the ships roll in
And then I watch 'em roll away again, yeah
I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time
8. R. Kelly: World's Greatest
In the ring of life I'll rain love(I will rain)
And the world will notice a king(oh yeeeah)
Where there is darrkness, I'll shine a light(shine a light)
And the mirrors of success reflect in me(meeee)
I'm that star up in the sky(Ohhhhhhh Yeah)
I'm that mountain peak up high(Hiiiiigh)
Hey, I made it(Said I made it)
I'm the world's greatest(I'm that little bit)
And I'm that little bit of hope(Of hope yeaaah)
When my back's against the ropes(I can)
I can feel it(Feel it)
I'm the world's greatest
9. Miley & Billy Rae Cyrus: Butterfly Fly Away
Caterpillar in the tree
How you wonder who you'll be
Can't go far but you can always dream
Wish you may and wish you might
Don't you worry,hold on tight
I promise you there will come a day
Butterfly fly away
Butterfly fly away(Butterfly fly away)
Got your wings,now you can't stay
Take those dreams and make them all come true
Butterfly fly away(Butterfly fly away)
You've been waiting for this day
All along you know just what to do
10. Fanny Crosby: Near The Cross
Jesus keep me near the cross,
there's a precious fountain;
free to all a healing stream,
flows from Calvary's mountain.
Near the cross I watch and wait,
hoping and trusting ever;
'til I reach that golden strand,
it's just beyond the river.
In the cross,
in the cross be my glory ever;
'til my raptured soul shall find,
one of these days I will find rest,
rest beyond the river.
In the cross,
in the cross be my glory ever;
'til my raptured,
'til my raptured soul shall find
rest beyond the river.
He'll give me wonderful rest.
He'll give me sanctified rest.
He'll give me glorious rest.
He'll give me everlasting rest.
Rest, He'll give me rest.
Rest, He'll give me rest.
He'll give me wonderful rest.
Rest, He'll give me rest.
He'll give me sanctified rest.
Rest, He'll give me rest.
He'll give me glorious rest.
Rest, He'll give me rest.
He'll give me everlasting rest.
Rest, rest.
Rest, rest.
Rest beyond the river.

I hope these snipits of the song encourage and inspire your on this fine Tuesday! Y'all have a great day now ya hear!


3 comments:

  1. What a great list of songs :) Tenth Ave. North is one of my favorite groups :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber,
    Long list of songs, I love nos 4 and 10.
    God's grace!

    Following you from the flock together hop.

    http://www.ugochi-jolomi.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog!
ūüíčAmber