Thursday, April 11, 2013

Unexpected Love Review


I received this book/e-book free from Booksneeze.com in return for my honest review.This is my honest opinion/thought about the book.

I was so excited when I saw this book was available on Booksneeze.com because it is written by one of my former 5th grade teachers. I absolutely love books with the concept of Jesus and his relationship with women.

This book had great form/organization. Each story/conversation starts out with scriptural text. Then Julie writes the next section from the woman's perspective (basically retelling the story in her own words). I loved this sections as it gave me a clearer sense of what was going on and what it might have been like if you had encountered Jesus. Next is a section called "Digging Deeper" where Julie asks and answers some common questions that might have popped up while you read the scriptural and retelling sections. All the answers you can tell were deeply research. This section really helped me grasp and put all the pieces together so I could really understand what was taking place. Next is the "For Today's Women" Section where you learn how to apply what happened. What some key concepts were that you can walk away with and tools to use in your day to day experiences. Next is "Food For Thought" where you looks to some other scriptures and answers some questions to really learn and apply all that was taught in the chapter. And last but not least is the Journaling sections where you reflect on the chapter and have a heart to heart with God. This section is really important (at least in my book) just having a time to really take in what was taught, reflect on your current life, and just come face to face with a loving God.

I have a Kindle and so what I would do is I would put it on Text-to-Speech where it reads to you. This really just helped me hear and learn what was going on and how to apply it and reflect upon it. I know that some people don't think that the first 2 sections are necessary as it can be repetetive but honestly I think it really just deepens the whole scene and make is clearer.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a easy read. This book would be a great choice for a new or speculative christian because it is easy to read and shows the love of Jesus, while it breaks everything down into easy manageable concepts, and answers any questions a reader may have. Then it give you the tools to apply it to your life today and reflect upons how or where.

Again this book was a free gift from booksneeze.com in reuturn for my honest review. I hope you all enjoyed this and hope you take the time to read this great book. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog!
ūüíčAmber