I think everyone needs to read this book. It is well written and has lots of great tips and quotes including:
- We all need dual dimensions of relational love in our lives--a vertical love relationship with God and horizontal love relationship with other people
- But every relationship you have influences your life. There are no neutral relationships. Each one lifts you up or weighs you down. It moves you forward or holds you back. It helps you or it hurts you.
- The most important relationship of course, is a relationship with God, and then relationships with others.
- ...Seth Godin says: "Who you hang out with determines what you dream about and what you collide with. And the collisions and the dreams lead to your changes. And the changes are what you become. Change the outcome by changing your circle."
- To build and maintain deep, substantive relationships, people must know themselves, be honest about themselves, and share their true selves with others. They need to be real; they have to be who they really are, with no pretense and no spin.
- To enjoy success in our lives and in our dealings with others, we need to thoroughly know our true selves and allow the right people to know us completely as well.
- Most people are quick to speak and slow to hear.
There is a lot to digest and chew on in this book so take it slow when reading. It has a lot of great tools as well such as questions to ask yourself and your friends. I don't agree with everything mentioned in this book but would recommend it to a friend. It is easy to understand and has clear points that you can take away. It does open your eyes to unhealthy relationships you may have in your life and helps you go about figuring out how to maintain good relationships and mend or break off bad ones. There were many good examples and stories to each point made which made it really stick. I really enjoyed this book and was thankful to receive and review it for BookLookBlogger
BookLookBlogger sends you free books for an honest review. Check out the link above for more information!